Knowledgebase: Internet
Splitters (For Wired Network ONLY)
Posted by Kristy Rhea on 13 August 2009 03:57 PM

A splitter is needed to allow two computers to connect to the wired network jack in your residence hall. If you are using the wireless connection you do not need a splitter for your room. 

If more than one person will be using the wired connection please come to the IT Center to obtain a splitter. Note: Honor houses, Wright, Blue Ridge, Stone Village and Towers do not require splitters. There are a sufficient number of Ethernet jacks for all residents of these areas to connect directly into the jack without the use of a splitter.

Note: When you check out of your room at end of the year leave your splitter in place.


(143 vote(s))
This article was helpful
This article was not helpful

Help Desk Software by Kayako Fusion