How to install Office 365 on a PC
Posted by Emily Goodwin on 01 August 2014 10:16 AM
2. Type in login.microsoftonline.com in the upper left box and press enter. (Don’t use www. at the beginning.)
3. Next, you will see the login screen for Office 365. Please make sure you see the badge (circled in red on the screen shot) on the login screen.
4. Type in your Bridgewater email and password and click Sign-in.
5. Once you sign-in, you will see this screen. If you do not see something simular to the below click the gear icon in the upper right beside your name and the ?. Then select Office 365 settings and then Software on the left.
6. Click on “PC & Mac” in the middle of the screen. This will show you the apps that will be installed onto your PC. Choose the language you prefer, and then click “Install” at the bottom of the screen.
7. A pop-up box will appear at the bottom of your screen. Click “Run.”
8. You may be prompted to give permission to install the new software. If you are, please type in your user name and password for your computer. (This is not your Bridgewater login and password.)
9. An orange box will appear showing the installation is starting to download.
10. As Office 365 is completing the installation, this screen will appear. Also, you may notice a white box in the bottom right corner informing you that Office is installing in the background.
11. During the installation, a welcoming box will pop-up. Click “Next.”
12. Next, a box introducing OneDrive will pop-up. If you would like to learn more, click “Learn More.” If not, click “Next.”
13. When this pop-up box appears, click the circle in front of “Use recommended settings.” Then, click “Accept” at the bottom right of the pop-up box. You are agreeing to the Microsoft Office License Agreement.
14. Next a box (with your name) will pop-up to customize your Office. Using the dropdown box, choose your preference and click “Next.”
15. Then you will get a screen to introduce some of the features of Office 365. You can take a look if you would like to learn more about Office 365.
If you click “Take a Look,” an orange PowerPoint slide show will appear on your screen. Click on the white arrows on the sides of the screens to navigate through the slide show.
16. After you have taken a look at the new features and closed the PowerPoint, you will see this box. You may use Office now while the installation is finishing. You do not have to click anything on this box.
17. Once you see this screen, your installation is complete.