How to install Office 365 on a Mac
Posted by Emily Goodwin on 01 August 2014 10:03 AM
2. Type in login.microsoftonline.com in the upper left box and press enter. (Don’t use www. at the beginning of the URL.)
3. Next, you will see the login screen for Office 365. Please make sure your see the badge (circled in red on the screen shot) on the login screen.
4. Type in your Bridgewater email and password and click Sign-in.
5. Once you sign-in, you will see this screen. If you do not see something simular to the below click the gear icon in the upper right beside your name and the ?. Then select Office 365 settings and then Software on the left.
6. Click on “PC & Mac” in the middle of the screen. This will show you the apps that will be installed onto your Mac. Choose the language you prefer, and then click “Install” at the bottom of the screen.
7. After you click “Install,” a blue line will appear in the Download button on Safari’s toolbar.
8. If you click the Download button, the progress of the download will show.
9. When the download is completed, double click on “MicrosoftOffice2011.dmg” in the Download button’s drop down.
10. Microsoft Office installer window will open. Click on “Office Installer.”
11. An installation guide window will open. Click “Continue.”
12. Next, the license agreement will appear. Read it and click “Continue.”
13. To agree to the terms of the software license agreement, click “Agree.”
14. The next step is stating the location of the installation. Click “Install” to continue.
15. If you see this pop-up box, click “Close Application and Install.” The installation will not start unless you close Safari.
16. You may be prompted to give permission to install the new software. If you are, please type in your user name and password for your computer. (This is not your Bridgewater login and password.)
Click “Install Software.”
17. The installation will begin.
18. The installation is complete. Click “Close.” To get the icons to appear on the dock, click on Launchpad. Drag and drop the icons to the dock.
19. On the activation window for Office: Mac, click on “Sign in to an existing Office 365 subscription.” You do NOT need to enter a purchase key.
20. Enter your Bridgewater email account and click “Next.”
21. Enter your Bridgewater email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and password and click “Sign-in.”
22. Enter your name and your last name and click “Continue.” You do NOT enter a company name.
23. Choose the options that you prefer by clicking on the white circles and click “Continue.”
24. Activation is complete. Click “Done.” Now, you can use Office 365 on your Mac.